Thursday, November 1, 2018

LOCAL ARTIST TERRERO MARTINEZ DOES HIS THING AT THE BROWNSVILLE LIBRARY

Local Artist Terrero Martinez

"I hope I didn't bother you with all the noise I was making," spoke local artist Terrero Martinez, who actually had been working rather quietly for a couple hours across the table from me at the Brownsville Public Library.

"No, actually, I was totally oblivious," I responded.

"I've been trying to get a friend a plane ticket to meet me in Cebu City, but she needs to get a picture ID first."

Mr. Martinez showed me several of his pastels and his current project, the Port Isabel Lighthouse.

"They speak Spanish over there in the Philippines, don't they?" asked Martinez.

"Actually, primarily Tagalog, but also Cebuano or some local language and thirdly English," I offered.  

"But, you're right.  The islands were once controlled by Spain, then, of course, the Japanese and, more recently, the United States in WWII."

"Well, good luck on your trip!"

"Thanks."

1 comment:

  1. Hiya very nice website!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful ..
    I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?
    I'm satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful info here in the submit, we need work
    out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    ReplyDelete