Saturday, November 17, 2018

BROWNSVILLE OBSERVER BLOGGER FINALLY GETS A HAIRCUT IN BUGO, PHILIPPINES

Busy little Bugo, a suburb of Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, has five little barber shops lined up together, all crowded on a Saturday night.

The Brownsville Observer editor stopped at the last shop, waiting only a few minutes to get a haircut, shave, mustache trim and back massage for $1.20.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever gotten a better haircut at any price.


The Annitas Subdivision of Bugo, my current residence in the Philippines, is totally buzzing with at least a hundred tricycles humming through the labyrinth of narrow streets, each carrying 5-7 passengers, powered by a motorscooter pulling a steel carriage.  The adult fare is 8 cents.



For very few pesos residents can pick up several types of bbq or sweet treats on a stick at many eating stations along the roadway.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Barton. Captain Bob will joining you shortly at Philippines. Please advice where I can meet you. I will find all activities in sub-tropical area. I plan to stay a couple of months and live in 5 star style. I need you to show me around and I will pay. Please let me know where I can meet you.

    ReplyDelete