Wednesday, January 17, 2018

IS DONALD TRUMP DOING GOD'S WILL ON EARTH?

"The Lord works in mysterious ways."

William Cowper, Poet






As an agnostic, I'm not certain if God exists or not, have no idea how She thinks or what devices She would use to get Her Will accomplished.

Perhaps, in Her infinite wisdom, She's using a human agent to test our morality, faith and goodness, say, for example, someone like Donald Trump.

Could Donald Trump play the role of the stranger who corrupted Mark Twain's fictitious Hadleyburg?

Let's see.

Say you're from a rust belt state.  The old factory building is decaying, windows broken out, the jobs long gone.  Trump feels your pain, explaining why you're hurting; bad trade deals, illegal immigration, an open border, the EPA, the courts, etc.

Interspersed with that rhetoric,  Trump points out some "bad people" who are destroying your way of life; Mexicans who are rapists and murderers, Muslims, who are terrorists, Haitians with A.I.D.S. and Africans living in huts in shithole countries.

Will you now become a hater?  God wants to know.

Trump details one of the perks of superstardom, using women however you wish, grabbing them by the pussy, doing whatever you wish.  If they complain, you call them liars, threatening to sue.  

"Go for it!  You can do anything to women if you're a superstar.  Women love it!" Just remember:  She watches from above. 

Then, there is the subject of truth.
"What is truth? asked Pontius Pilate at least once.

Since Jesus is not in the room, Trump answers.

"You have your truth, but I have alternate facts, my truth.  My truth is right, because I say it is.  I'm the President.  You're not.
Do you get it?

"I think so.  You're always right because you're President.  I'm not.

"You're getting there, my friend," Trump responds.

"Also, if I say something is true, repeating myself over and over again, it becomes truth.  Any other opinion is fake."

God looked down at Earth, watching her agent Donald divide the sheep from the goats, sift the wheat from the chaff, the righteous from the unrighteous.

The Lord spoke to Donald thusly:

"Write the names of all the good, true and righteous in the "Book of Life."

Donald answered:  "Lord, what's a book?"





















No comments:

Post a Comment