Friday, January 12, 2018

DISCLAIMERS FROM BROWNSVILLE OBSERVER EDITOR

Jim Barton,
Brownsville Observer
Someone speculated that because I'd challenged local Republicans to denounce Trump's obvious racism, that I must be a Democrat.

That's silly.

Does my consistent criticism of Rene Oliveira and Tony Martinez make me a Republican?

Nena and I are not affiliated with ANY political party.

Another reader told me over the phone that she knew who was furnishing me the Biblical quotes used in my articles.  What?

Since I've not hidden the fact that I'm agnostic, not a believer in the Bible or any other religious book  as the Word of God, some assume I've never read it.  Not true.  I've actually read it, more than once, cover to cover, although my current copy is worn and coverless.(Nena has asked me several times, during housecleaning, if I want to throw it away.  "No, I use it for quotes," I have responded.)

3 comments:

  1. We know who gives you those Bible quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are the Bible scholars in Brownsville? LOL!

      Delete
  2. love the blog, great content, short and sweet

    ReplyDelete