Thursday, February 23, 2017

Rafael Collado Analyzes Sexual History, Sexual Proclivities of Trump Supporter, Troller, Milo Yiannopoulos

Rafael Collado
A bit of perspective, in case you deem it worthy of being published:

Hmmm... Rethinking the Yiannopoulos thing after I have seen both of the videos, I must say reaffirm something I said earlier in another thread. I have no intention of defending Milo Yiannopoulos, but pedophilia and sexual abuse are very morally complex issues, and most people don't understand it, or do not want to. First of all, pedophile is not synonymous with child molester. It's hard to know how many, because it's probably the worst thing ever to admit, but there is a big number of pedophiles who do not abuse children, and they live very conflicted, miserable lives. A lot of them commit suicide, or are severely depressed. Sadly, all indications point out to pedophilia being basically a sexual orientation, and it must be an absolute hell to be a moral person and live with that. So, not all pedophiles abuse children, not all child molesters are pedophiles (they're just sociopaths), and almost 100% of the pedophiles who do abuse children have been victims of abuse themselves. 

Milo Yiannopoulos
This is what Yiannopoulos revealed about himself without knowing it, and I think this gives you a better understanding of the man as a whole. What I see here is a guy who was molested (at 13 and 16, he says), but hasn't really assimilated what happened to him as abuse. By being so open about his views on the issue, without intending to, he revealed that he does not understand that he was a victim of child molestation. I just can't imagine him talking about it so openly if he understood the implications of what happened to him. What I'm seeing is a guy who wrongly internalized his own abuse, and is now being massively confronted with the fact that it is NOT normal, and it is NOT ok. 

Do you understand that we are very publicly watching a man reevaluating his experience, and possibly figuring out for the first time that he was raped, and he is a victim? This debacle has turned into a completely different thing now, and nobody has realized it. 

He insisted on the interview that he was very sexually mature and that it was him doing the chasing, which is probably a coping mechanism, but if he was indeed sexualized at 13, it reveals a big possibility that he might have been abused even earlier in life. 

I am not defending him, and he's clearly wrong about what he said. What I'm saying is that he didn't really know he was wrong, and his mind has been contorted in the gymnastics it needs to do to avoid the fact that he was a victim of pedophiles. My point is that it is far more complex than, "he says sex with teenagers is ok!!" 

We are watching a man who already doesn't like himself much, considering that, as an openly gay man, he still thinks homosexuality is a sin. And this man's own personal narrative that he built for himself is crumbling in front of the whole world. 

It's fucked up. I mean, it's sad, it's confusing, its full understanding is kind of out of the reach of most people. Nobody wins here. I get no satisfaction from watching this, and I can't even allow myself to have compassion for him. 

That's how I see it, at least. I've been well-aware of who he is, and normally I wouldn't waste a second of my life thinking about him, but now I see a deeper thing unraveling here. I thought I'd share..


Rafael Collado

2 comments:

  1. Collado has his own skeletons, Jim. Investigate him! Those who know know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means, share. I only have one skeleton, to my knowledge. But I have to wonder what part of what I wrote upsets you enough to want to see me exposed in any way. Which part of my opinion are you taking personally?

      Delete