Thursday, May 15, 2014

Leonel "Leo" Lopez Sends an Open Letter to His Supporters

From the editor:  John Tamayo sent me a respectful note, asking if I would post Lenonel "Leo" Lopez' recent letter to all his supporters.  I agreed to do just that.  


Leonel "Leo" Lopez
An open letter to my supporters :



The time is nearly upon us. Beginning next Monday, May 19th and ending Friday, May 23rd, you will be able to head to the polls and cast your vote. It has been my sincere pleasure and privilege to meet so many wonderful people during the course of this campaign, I have learned so much from going to your homes and sitting in your living rooms, speaking to you at public events and having telephone conversations with those of you who wanted to call and express your concerns. I am blessed and so very grateful to have made so many new friends and to have worked hand in hand with so many old ones. I wanted to reach out to all of you to express my genuine and heartfelt gratitude. My family has always been by my side and I have cherished and valued them just as I now cherish and value you, my new extended family.

Serving the people of precinct 2 is my passion, it is my commitment and it will be my honor. I love Brownsville, I love our county, I love our people. None of what I am doing now is meaningful without YOU, without your continued trust and support, without your care and devotion to our community. This care and devotion is something we share, and it is the foundation of this commitment we have made TOGETHER. Please keep this commitment in mind as election day draws near, as the time to take action on our shared purpose finally comes. Your voice is priceless and your vote is CRITICAL. Without your vote, without taking action on our shared promise, our dream of true and honest representation on the county commission for precinct 2 will not come to pass.

You are part of a team, and without the contribution of each and every member of that team, we cannot succeed. Join us – please get out and vote, encourage friends and family to go vote. With supporters like you, we cannot fail – and on election day, the promise of our dream will come true.

From my heart – thank you.

Leo Lopez

17 comments:

  1. Without sounding too cruel, this is an empty non issue politician style statement. Why not ask him for his thoughts on those who do not support him? It might actually have some real substance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up the word soppy in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send this speech to a group of middle school cheerleaders. Quite frankly it sucks just like the previous commentator suggested. NO SUBSTANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leo is the lesser of the 2 evils. Anything Zeke Silva has his hand in is nothing I would touch with a 10 foot pole

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem with Lito is his wife. Leo is a great guy, but his wife is cruel, vindictive and a very poor judge. She is a good politician, which I am sure is behind the open letter. I do not trust her, therefore, I will have to vote against Leo. I hate to do that to him, but in my opinion this lady is something else and I use the term to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The political mailer I received today from "Lito" is a negative disgrace advertisement and convinces me not to vote for Elia's husband. Elia's brother or some Conejo is the campaign treasurer....that should tell us something. This ad mentions Elia's position....possibly an ethics violation in itself. It is a negative ad, which must mean that poor "Lito" the undertaker is losing in the polls. Judge Elia Conejo Lopez is a bitch and she seeks to use her influence to place an inexperienced undertaker as a policy maker for the county. His "love for Pct 2" is a joke........Did Elia Conejo Lopez use her position to get dispensation from the Brownsville Historical Association to build the elaborate house she lives in.....within the Historical overlay. Did Peter Goodman look the other way for her to convolute the building codes. Elia is surely the main player in "Lito's" campaign and hopefully the voters will see how her greed seeks to add her husband to the public tit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said Leo Lopez of all my years of a true voter, I have never seen this for a candidate to really focus in our community and to ask for our vote in that way a open letter to us wow I really think his a honest person I do give u my vote and my family's and friends, and I really loved your mailed outs the one for mother's day thanks Mr.leo Lopez , will later see your opponent try to do the same. But you have my vote

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said Mr.Leo Lopez I do believe in you, you have my vote and my family's and friends, by the way great mailers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Leo even though i thought his wife was a bitch, but the 2 mailers i got today reminded me Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and borrowing from Bobby wightman Cervantes, a man that constantly lies and twists the truth really turned me off it sounds as crazy as him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barton, this is the second endorsement you give to this man that is only a prop for his wife. You must be getting paid from his wife. Not like you to endorse someone twice. You dissapoint me. Everyone knows he is unqualified for the job except you. Why you give him the time of day on your blog is very questionable. What a dissapointment. You just lost my high respect for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is all this passion and love bs? Who wrote this piece of crap for this idiot? "Honor", "committment", "genuine" "heartfelt gratitude", "blessed" So much mush! Feel like throwing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly see your Dominguez supporters, of course your gone dish all you can, on the other candidate but I'm in title for my opinion and my vote so I say yes to Lopez.

      Delete
    2. Dear May 17, 2014 at 10;53: You're illiterate. Take a writing course and enlarge your capacities as someone who has recently learned to walk upright.

      Delete
  13. He is another inept, amateur running for public office. His mail out was just awful and clumsily written. And what the hell were the wedding rings referencing to? That maybe a single, unmarried man, such as Dominguez, is less trustworthy as a married one? Pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @12:48pm exactly he doesn't know the value of having a family of his own. He block walk by my neighborhood I truly didn't like him..

      Delete