Thursday, February 27, 2014

From the Archives, December 26, 2012: BISD Coaches Threatened with Action by Athletic Director Mark Guess


Mark Guess

The following was sent in as "an email from the head of the BISD athletics to all of his head coaches":
From: Mark Guess
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:36 PM

To: David C. Cantu; Hector Garcia; Jorge R. Medrano; Michael Ramirez; Tom Chavez; William Deen; Alberto A. Alegria; Arthur D. Cantu; Charles R. Alaniz; Cornelio Landin; Gilberto Garces Jr.; Isaac Solis; Juan J. Gonzalez; Randy Medina; Richard Sosa; Robert O. Lopez; Ruben Martinez
Subject: Rank One Sports



Coordinators,


I have been checking to see if schedules have been put up on Rank One. There are several sports from all schools that haven’t done so. I asked for this to be done before basketball season started, but we still have many who either just haven’t done it, or just don’t care to do it. Whatever the case, I will make note of it, and will be sending out letters of concern to all involved parties. I need you to get on and check to see which sports and levels have not been put into the system, and get it taken care of. Have the coach do it, one of your coordinators, I really don’t care, just get it done.

The same goes for game reports. Some are doing well (I get the Hanna basketball reports the night of the game), while others haven’t turned in a single report. If the coach will email it to you and me the day after the game, all is good.

Cash payments are a concern also. First of all, they are supposed to be turned in within a week of the contest. Secondly, you know that once a season is over, the head coach of that sport is responsible for clearing all cash payments with Sherry. It is stated in your coaching manual. But for some reason, some of your coaches don’t feel they need to follow the rules, yet they expect their student-athletes to do so. If you can’t take care of this, let me know, and I will find a solution. Volleyball, Football, and Cross-Country needs to be taken care of by the end of next week. Those that choose not to clear their meals by this deadline will get letters of concern.

I haven’t been here too long, but in the time I have been here, I have witnessed some of the laziest and apathetic coaches I have ever seen, which unfortunately overshadows the many great coaches we do have. If they don’t want to do what is asked of them, then they are in the wrong place and need to go elsewhere if they want to be a check collector. I am not going to tolerate it.

You need to take control of your campus athletics programs/coaches so I don’t have to step in and do it for you. You are charged with leading your athletic programs, take charge. I have been very patient about all of these things, but am now running out of it.


M. Guess

BISD Athletics Director

mguess@bisd.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

𝗔 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗦

  My reputation as an unpaid blogger of simple truth is a valuable asset to be sure. Sure, Juan Montoya carries ads for the self-proclaimed...