Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Blogger Who Never Came In from the Cold

Eddie's Ride

Jeanette leaned over and kissed his forehead while clutching her car keys. At 5'11" she towered over Eddie, especially in heels: "I will not forget you Eddie, but like I told you before, I can't stay in Round Rock. Lana got us both jobs in Reno. It's been real."

"Was it the car?"  Eddie wondered.

"Oh, hell no.  I love your little two-seater.  One of my sorority sisters had one in college.  She called it her little puddle jumper."

"Was it last night, upstairs?" Eddie had to ask.

"No, Eddie.  That happens to a lot of guys.  You were under a lot of stress with those bastard bloggers in Browntown criticizing your work.  I totally get that.  A lot of girls are jealous of my dancing and the fact that I'm getting fives while they get ones.  Wannabes hate talent.  I learned that a long time ago."

"Jeanette, I wish you would reconsider.  I have a few leads.  I can take care of half of the lease next month for sure."  Eddie seemed frantic.

"Oh, my poor sweet Eddie.  I know you do.  You're not unemployed.  You're just between publishers.  Promise me you won't neglect your gift.  I don't want to hear a report in Reno that you're managing some trailer park or cleaning up after old people in that adult day care."

Jeanette opened the front door herself.  Eddie was just too stunned to follow her, but watched her red pony tail bounce as she walked to her car.

14 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha what a crappy lame blog u wanna get back at him u are failing miserably !!!!! Dos frias is a better wiser writer than you keep on humping the screen it doesn't matter Barton u are done

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy Boy, that's pretty damned cute. What a concept: the Blogger (you) as Barbie. You're wrong about me posting that first comment. Check the commenter's IP address, lad. Maybe Bobster W-C can show you how to do it. As for the short story, well, I did laugh. But, then, I always laugh at your Blog. I do look forward to reading it. Not for anything new or different, but for the novel way you think, man. It's sooooooo-oh Bad News Bears, a kid's thing. My advice: be cool. Don't let others beat you down. It's just writing. But whatever you do, DO NOT drop my class. You need the help... /D-PM

      Delete
  2. Oh, hell no. I love your little two-seater. One of my sorority sisters had one in college. She called it her little puddle jumper."

    THIS CHINGTADERA IS HILAAAAARIOUSSSSSSSSS JIM!!....THERE IS NOTHING MASCULINE ABOUT THAT LITTLE PUTO CAR!!!! ERES DE CHIAPAS PINCHE PAZ!!!!UUUUYYYYY!!!!

    MACLOVIO O'MALLEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tit for tat crap has got to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is wrong with that Paz guy? Was he not loved as a child? Is he a run of the mill failure? Gay? Something IS wrong; just can't put my finger on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those goats (m/pd's love partners) in the background? lol!


    Ermenejildo Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. This be a warnin to all yous sonsabithes!! You best leave my purdy lil patna M/DP alones mafuckus!! he my hukaberry....

    MANDINGO

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I don't want to hear a report in Reno that you're managing some trailer park or cleaning up after old people in that adult day care.")

    WOOFASS!!! And LOL!!!
    Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jim,

    You got right on the target.

    Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's called "Moderating the Comments", Jim. Practice it, it will not hurt your blog, trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least MMB doesn't stroke himself every other post. Geez, get over yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim, you really should delete this story. It makes you look small. take the high road, man.

    ReplyDelete