Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rebecca RuBane Fights Unfair Smear by Elia Cornejo Lopez

The lady above, Elia Cornejo Lopez is the incumbent in the 404th District Court.  Her opponent Rebecca RuBane feels that Lopez is running an unfair smear campaign, trying to link her with disgraced and convicted former Judge Abel Limas.  The add below is the one being run by Elia Lopez.
                                                             Please click on to enlarge


Rebecca RuBane states clearly that the charges being made by Elia Cornejo are totally false.  She has requested the opportunity to refute the charges on this blog.  We gladly provide that opportunity:








I MUST set the record straight. . . . . my opponent has again run a political smear ad against me saying that I had a role in the escape of convicted murderer Amit Livingston, and that I am or was somehow involved in the public corruption instigated by Abel Limas and others.  To my friends, my supporters, the public and even my detractors:  My involvement with the Amit Livingston murder case ended in December of 2006, when I left the DA's office to begin private practice.

The plea agreement and escape of Amit Livingston occurred in the spring of 2007.  As a private attorney, I had no involvement or participation or input in the matter.  I had no duty or obligation or MEANS to intervene in an agreement between the State of Texas and the defendant.

This action by Ms. Elvia Lopez is a desperate attempt by an incumbent who senses that the tide of public opinion is turning, and that the citizens fo Cameron County want and demand better from their elected officials.  I believe the voting public are smart enough to recognize this as a desperate attack on my integrity and not a fair representation of my work as an attorney.


Rebecca RuBane
.  

13 comments:

  1. Rebecca Rubane is a "flake". She has been in and out of the DA's office because she can't make ends meet as a private attorney. She is a lousy attorney and would be a disaster as a judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you wonder: Could a cesspool incubate serious life? Of course not. Hopeless is the word most Americans use after they say "Brownsville." Hopeless. No hope. More like a petri dish where some diabolical outfit is doing his damndest to create a horrible race, one not only ugly but bent on the savage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polo, El LagartijoMay 17, 2012 at 5:18 PM

      Killer post! Right on stuff.

      Polo, El Lagartijo

      Delete
  3. Someone PLEASE buy this woman a dictionary and register her in an English 101 class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elia does have a mean streak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was under the impression that Lopez would win this race easily. Why stoop to this kind of dumb shit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone in the DA's office during Villalobos terms is suspect. Rubane has been in and out of the DA's office....WHY? Is she corrupt or inept???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elia, but you can't just throw stuff against the wall to see if it sticks. You have to have facts. Being "in and out of the DA's office" during Villalobos' tenure is not enough. You know better than that or should.

      Delete
  7. I a voting for Elia, she is so very hot! Mamasita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, that is one of the most effective ads I've seen! Well Elia DID run against Abel Limas while everyone else in the Democratic party was bending over backwards for Limas, including Gilbert Hinojosa, his #1 supporter. That took guts on Elia's part. I voted for Elia Cornejo Lopez again on Monday, because she had the ganas run against Limas and win. Rubane does seem to have profited from Limas' tenure and why did he appoint her so many times? is she one of the 'persons of interest' and this is her way of getting revenge on Elia for defeating him? have to wait and see but it is curious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elia Cornejo Lopez, has been doing things her way behind the bench!! She don't care if it's the right way, but it's her way!! I'm not telling anyone who to vote for, but do what is right for our community! I have had the pleasure of holding a conversation with both Mrs RuBane, and Cornejo-Lopez, and after Mrs Lopez left, I wondered how did she ever got past law school!!!

    ReplyDelete