Friday, March 23, 2012

Clarification: Sylvia Garza-Perez, Candidate for Democratic Chair Not "Zayas Puppet"


In an earlier article naming the three candidates for Cameron County Democratic Chair, I quoted Jerry Mchale the publisher of the Brownsville Blues blog who referred to Sylvia Garza-Perez as a "Zayas puppet."

Ms. Garza-Perez states that she's being confused with another person. Here is part of her message to me:

"Mr. Barton. . I just wanted to clear the air. I am not the Sylvia Perez who it the retired school administrator related to Rick Zayas. I am Sylvia Garza Perez and I work in the healthcare industry. Mr. Mchale has me totally confused. I am running for the position because I feel I can make a difference."

Three candidates are running for the democratic chair position: John Shergold, Jared Hockema and Sylvia Garza-Perez.

Ms. Garza Perez also touches on the use of politiqueras with this comment to me:

"If we had a Democratic Party that worked together and was united---there would be no need for Politiqueras."

In my earlier article, written December 24, 2011 I quoted a personal friend who founded an organization to fight voter fraud:

"Sylvia is a very aggressive campaigner. She has absolutely no qualms about using politiqueras."

In saying to me that "if we had a united Democratic Party there would be no need for politiqueras" Ms. Garza-Perez seems to leave herself an out. Of course, when is any political party totally united? If we justify the use of politiqueras to harvest votes on that basis, it will continue forever.

7 comments:

  1. Just another Dumbokrat..... Too many people down here with the same name...and all seem to be Dumbokrats. Not to be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is super close to the Hernandezes. Perhaps this is why she isn't afraid of using the politiqueras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia says there is a "need" for politiqueras???? How SCARY this lady Sylvia Garza Perez is running for Democratic party chair! The Gilbert Hinojosa legacy lives on. Syliva, as Democratic party chair, you feel there is a "NEED" to pay anyone, ANYONE, to intimidate and steal ballots from elderly Brownsville citizens who often have poor comprehension of English and even poorer understanding of their voting rights. JESUS woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perez Garza is a hypocrite,....she is comadre to Ernie and Norma Hernandez,...she doesn't use politiqueras??.....yea right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what i dont get is why all the anonymous. If you want to express your opinion thats great but at least be woman or man enough to show your identity. "Just saying" I feel that almost all candidates have politiqueras. whom she is friends with or knows that is to no one concern don't judge unless every body has been in each others shoes. which that will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lady and her daughter have issues

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe we all have issues of some sort. And we all get help at some point or another to achieve our goals or ambitions. You guys are way too funny!!

    ReplyDelete