Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jerry Pushes for Bloggers Union, B.U.C. Affiliation

 

by Jim Barton on Monday, December 19, 2011 at 1:10am
  
    "It's so upsetting when Jerry does this,"  complained Bobby Wightman-Cervantes, author of BROWNSVILLE VOICE as he read Jerry's latest attempt at fake-bonding Brownsville's disparate bloggers.  "We were in executive session at the Dancy Building after a walking quorum at Denny's.  If the public wants to know more they can pay for an "Open Records" request like I do."
     "Bobby, " I started.  "Jerry's just trying to organize us.  You ought to understand.  Your dad was a union man.  We might even become part of B.U.C.   But, let me ask your opinion on something.  I'm thinking of using a hyphenated surname.  Would that sound too pretentious?  My maternal grandfather's last name was De Man.  I think Jim Barton-De Man has a nice ring."
     Carlos Quintanilla walks toward the young lady setting up a camera tripod, adjusting his tie.  "Hi, I'm Carlos Quintanilla, the President of Accion America.  I'm sure you've heard about my organization creating awareness of underfed hispanic children in Brownsville as well as Dallas.  We do more than talk, we create awareness."    "I'm sorry, sir.  I'm not a reporter.  I'm just setting up the camera." 
     Duardo Paz-Martinez wrinkles his nose at the smell of sewer gas.  "Same old Brownsville smell," he mutters to himself.  "I don't know what I hate worse, Brownsville dust or Brownsville mud.  Eli, Eli!  Lama sabachthani!"
     Juan Montoya hands me a Miller Lite while shouting at Jerry, "Hey, man.  Do you know Folsom Prison Blues?"
    

5 comments:

  1. Are you serious? LOL
    Sorry, it's just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future, do me a favor and Keep me out of this cesspool.

    /DP-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great example of the type of post that keeps the public from considering you a serious journalist.
    Have fun, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of post is what keeps MMB from being considered a serious journalistic effort.
    Have fun, Jim.

    ReplyDelete

𝗧𝗦𝗖 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗘 𝗥𝗨𝗕𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗘𝗥𝗔

TSC Board of Trustees Thursday evening's Texas Southmost College Board of Trustees meeting at Gorgas Hall , the first since the passing...