Monday, August 15, 2011

Spirituality, Making Chili~It Can Go So Right!

 There is no finer cuisine than Texas chili.  Of course, there are zillions of chili contests, cook-offs, Iron Chef auditions, etc.  I don't need them.  I know what I know.  I taste what I taste.  If you know me, you know that I practice self-deprecation.  I always imply that I'm not the smartest, not the best, not the most qualified.   But. . . . I do know how to cook.  I cook the world's best chili. 
     Chili is a spiritual thing.  A chili kitchen is a synagogue, a chapel, a Kingdom Hall, a mosque, a cathedral.  The apostles are a 1051 onion, fresh garlic cloves, small, shiny jalapenos,  the leanest boneless roast H.E.B. can offer cut up into 1/2 inch cubes, salt, pepper, comino, chili powder, cayenne, corn starch, the large can of Bush Black Beans, water.
     Going for another bowl.

· · Share · Delete





No comments:

Post a Comment