Sunday, July 2, 2023

BROWNSVILLE OBSERVER EDITOR GETS HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM

 

"The Bible's a fulfillin!'" the old Arkansas lady would tell me, pulling an old leather book out of her bag, waving it menacingly in my face.

She held the book like the nonreader she was, oblivious to whether it was up or down, faced front or back, sort of like her hero Trump did for a photo shoot.

I knew if I asked her about the upcoming 2024 election, she'd come back forcefully and I wasn't wrong.

"Donald J. Trump!" she yelled back at me.

"That's who I want in there, mister! Not that 'communist' that's in there now.  Trump needs to get back in there and finish fixin' the damn country!"

This was a debate I could never win, not that I was even trying.

Citing statistics from the Department of Labor on job growth would be the ultimate "whistling in the wind."

This debate was lost the instant the elderly lady identified me as a "Yankee," a "furiner," someone "not from these parts."

I thanked the lady for her time.

She merely grunted as if rejecting nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗦 𝗞𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗦-𝗧𝗜𝗠 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗭. . . . 𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗔 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬!

From the editor: The formerly red-headed stranger endorsed the Harris-Walz ticket recently.  As noted by the comments below, many in MAGA wo...